List of free fundamental and industry-recognized marketing certifications
Between my own research and interviews I’ve had, here’s a list of free fundamental and industry-recognized marketing certifications. It includes links to ones I’ve come across on my own time, ones I’ve been asked about by interviewers, and ones that I’ve wowed interviewers with.
Please remember it isn’t enough to just have a certification. Putting it to practice and being able to show that you’ve put it into practice, is what matters. Check out this blog for a list of Marketing Project Ideas and see how you can incorporate what you’ve learned from the coursework below.
Bonus points if you’re able to use what you learn in your current workplace or on freelancing projects!
- Microsoft Excel — I got asked about Microsoft nearly every interview, so I decided to get a cert
Google offers these:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Marketing Platform
- Google Garage — Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Facebook Digital Marketing Associate — This exam is $99, but is FREE.99 if you’re granted a Facebook Elevate Scholarship
- TFS — Digital & Social — Twitter Flight School (offers badges, not certificates)
HubSpot Academy offers various FREE marketing/sales certifications:
Amazon Advertising Learning Console offers these:
Do you hold any of the certifications I listed? If so, which one(s)? Let me know in the comments!
Did I miss any certifications? If I did, drop me a message here and I’ll be sure to update this blog.
Credit: Photo by Ketut Subiyanto from Pexels